HICKMAN, John 1
- Died: Cir 1811, , Barnwell, SC, USA
John received land grants in Barnwell Co., SC in 1786, perhaps from service in the Revolutionary War: Hickman, John, p243, vol 10, 1786; Hickman, John, p167, vol 12, 1786. (E) He owned land on Edisto River, Orangeburg Co., South Carolina.
His information in the DAR indexes state: HICKMAN, John
Birth: SC Circa 1750, Service: SC, Rank: Matr, Death: SC 1802, Patriot Pensioned: No Widow Pensioned: No
Children Pensioned: No Heirs Pensioned: No, Spouse: (1) Elizabeth Bright.
His will is transcribed here by Justin Sanders: "WILL of JOHN HICKMAN
will book A - pp128-131.
1. Debts Paid.
2. To grandson Pollard Coates , Land (20-30 acres)
3. To Granddau Emilia, land (50 acres)
4. To son Thomas , 80 acres.
5. Dau Rebecca Wrotten, 100 acres.
6. Dau Sarah Hickman , cattle, hogs and 100 acres.
7. grandson Henry Tylar 75 acres.
8. son John, guns, tool, cattle, hogs, remaining 640 acre tract.
9. Wife Elizabeth, use of John's land during her life time.
10. Charles Hickman, Helena Coates, Nancy Glover, and Elizabeth Tyler have already received their portion, they received 5 shillings each.
11. Son John and wife Elizabeth to be exec.
signed 13 Oct.1799- John X (his mark) Hickman,
Wit. Peter Glover, Abner X Glover and Gasper Trotte"
John married Elizabeth BRIGHT.